Sunday 16 April 2023

David Tennant Treat 4 Today for Sunday 16th April 2023

The David Tennant Treat 4 Today is an interview with David Tennant and Catherine Tate which was published by The Telegraph in 2011. 

The interview was released before the opening of William Shakespeare's play Much Ado About Nothing in which David Tennant starred as Benedict and Catherine Tate played Beatrice.

One question in the article was "Did you worry Doctor Who fans may bring too much baggage with them?"

David Tennant reply was "I know that was said a lot when I did Hamlet  [in 2008], but, to be honest, it never occurred to me. I just imagined people would be sensible enough not to bring those preconceptions with them. It's probably slight naïve, but it genuinally didn't occur to me with this either. Perhaps it should have done.

It would be disingenuous to suggest that the fact this is happening hasn't got something to do with the power of Doctor Who, and that's something I'm wonderfully thankful for. But, for me, the thinking was "I'd like to do a play; I'd like to do Much Ado About Nothing; and it just so happens that the perfect Beatrice in my head is Catherine." That's as involved as my thought process was."

Link to read to the full interview.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.