Monday 2 May 2016

David Tennant Treat 4 Today for Monday 2nd May 2016


The David Tennant Treat 4 Today is an interview from The Telegraph which David Tennant and Catherine Tate gave just before they opened in Much Ado About Nothing in May 2011.

One question in the article was 'Did you worry Doctor Who fans might bring too much baggage with them?'

David replied 'I know that was said a lot when I did Hamlet for the RSC [in 2008], but, to be honest, it never occurred to me. I just imagined people would be sensible enough not to bring those preconceptions with them. It’s probably slightly naïve, but it genuinely didn’t occur to me with this either. Perhaps it should have done.

It would be disingenuous to suggest that the fact this is happening hasn’t got something to do with the power of Doctor Who, and that’s something I’m wonderfully thankful for. But, for me, the thinking was “I’d like to do a play; I’d like to do Much Ado About Nothing; and it just so happens that the perfect Beatrice in my head is Catherine.” That’s as involved as my thought process was.
'


Link to read the interview









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.