Thursday 18 December 2014

David Tennant Treat 4 Today for Thursday 18th December 2014


The David Tennant Treat 4 Today is an extract from an interview with Arabella Weir a few years ago. Lots of David Tennant fans will know Arabella as David was her lodger for several years. I can understand why David stayed with her for so long because (at the risk of sounding like a name-dropper!) I've swapped a few emails with her and she's a lovely person.

The relevant part of the BBC interview is:

"I met Tom Baker doing a voice-over when David Tennant wasn't at all well known. We were doing this voice-over together and I said to Tom, 'Oh, my friend's a really, really big Doctor Who fan,' and he replied, 'Wait!' He got his cheque book out and asked, 'What his name?' I said 'David Tennant'. He wrote, 'To David Tennant, seventeen pounds forty five', signed it and I asked him what it meant. He said, 'He'll know...'"


As a postscript to this story, David was asked in The Nerdist  what it meant and he said he didn't know!

Some fans think it may have been the time which some of Tom Baker's episodes of Doctor Who were broadcast.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.