Friday 14 June 2013

David Tennant Treat 4 Today for Friday 14th June 2013 @JoeSims10 #broadchurch

The David Tennant Treat 4 Today are some lovely quotes by Joe Sims about David Tennant which are taken from an interview he gave to a Broadchurch fanpage on Facebook.

Joe played Nige Carter in Broadchurch and he was asked

Did you like working with David Tennant and Olivia Colman?
I was lucky enough to have worked with David before on Romeo and Juliet for Radio 4 and when he saw me at the read through he came over and said hello and introduced me to the whole team. This was such a lovely thing to do as I was very nervous meeting so many people that I had loved and respected from afar for years. 

There is no ego with any of these guys and they are model professionals and that hopefully rubbed off on my own performance. In addition they are fantastic company with 100's of great stories, you could have a beer with them and listen to them all night...and I'm pleased to say I do still!

How long have you been acting and are you from an acting family?
I'm not from an acting family. My Mum works at Asda and my Dad is an engineer. 

I did get my Mum a part in Broadchurch playing my adopted Mum! She was getting led away by Olivia when I was being arrested, did you see her? 

I thought she did a great job and she was over the moon because she got to meet David Tennant who very kindly told her that she didn't look 57. I thought her head was going to explode because she got so excited and she went home and told everyone she knew!!!!!! 

I've been acting for about 15 years, it takes a very long time but there is no job I'd rather do and I feel like the luckiest boy in the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.