Saturday 10 December 2011

David Tennant Treat 4 Today for Saturday 10th December 2011


The David Tennant Treat 4 Today is an extract from an interview with Arabella Weir which appeared on the Doctor Who Advent Calendar earlier this week. (You can view the whole interview here.)

Arabella will be in the Doctor Who episode which will be broadcast on BBC One on Christmas Day but lots of David Tennant fans will know her as he was her lodger for several years. I can understand why David stayed with her for so long because (at the risk of sounding like a name-dropper!) I've swapped a few emails with her and she's a lovely person.

The relevant part of the BBC interview is:

"I met Tom Baker doing a voice-over when David Tennant wasn't at all well known. We were doing this voice-over together and I said to Tom, 'Oh, my friend's a really, really big Doctor Who fan,' and he replied, 'Wait!' He got his cheque book out and asked, 'What his name?' I said 'David Tennant'. He wrote, 'To David Tennant, seventeen pounds forty five', signed it and I asked him what it meant. He said, 'He'll know...'"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.