Saturday 30 April 2011

David Tennant Treat 4 Today for Saturday 30th April 2011

The David Tennant Treat 4 Today is a snippet from an article in The Times today by Nigel Lindsay who wrote about preparing to play Shrek on stage.

The snippet reads:
"I'm doing an [scottish] accent. The Scottish members of the ensemble are complimentary but I detect a hint of Welsh-Pakistani to be eradicated amid the Highland brogue. I call David Tennant and ask him if I can pop round and tape his voice for the Scottish accent. "I'm thinking of trying a hybrid of you and Kenny Dalglish". "If you do Kenny the tourists won't understand a word," he replies. "Yeah, but you're too fey for Shrek," I tell him. "Don't worry, I'll butch up for the tape," he assures me...!"

(Many thank to PolyG on GallifreyBase for typing the snippet.)

Photo below shows David Tennant and Nigel Lindsay in The Pillowman.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.